When your child's doctor says things to you like, "Let's put her back on the steroid", six days after she went off it - that's one spike pulled up from the track. Then when she goes on to say, "Let's put her on this strong antibiotic for the next 21 days," -there goes another spike.
Then when the specialist orders things like blood work and a cat scan and discusses perhaps referring your six year old to a different specialist, that's it. Total Derailment.
Her long term illness (since September, if you've been following along) is still there, so the doctor is bumping up to a more aggressive treatment. So I may or may not be posting as regularly as before. Not that it has been all that regular recently. (See above for the reason why.)
So, yeah. I'm a little shaken, but hopeful. I'm in that wait-and-see holding pattern where the screaming panic in my gut is still locked down by logic and reason. I'm hoping it stays right there.
4 hours ago