Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I've Begun My Overpacking

Sing with me!! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No, not Christmas. Or back to school.

It's time for my writer group's annual writing retreat! We have a new venue this year in a galaxy far, far away. Okay, it's Pittsburgh. (But really, same thing as far as I'm concerned.) And therefore, I have no idea what to pack. Will it be cold or warm? (Tauntuan or Hoth?) Will I want comfy sweat pants or get-down-to-business jeans? Will the weather be nice enough to go write outside? Will I need a sweater? Will there be Sand People to battle? The possibilities are endless.

One thing is out of the over-packing equation, though. We won't be going out for drinks, so I won't need to pack anything for that. But, that outing was replaced by an inning. A pajama clad cocktail hour. If only I had Hugh-Hefner-like pj's, I would rock that thing. But alas, I have flannel.

But the wardrobe is not the sing-along-with-me-roof-bustin' exciting part. I get to go for three days and just

WRITE!!

Yes, you read me correctly. Write. It's an all meals provided, no urchin taxiing, sea monkey battle-free zone. All I have to do is show up and write my little heart out. And paint my nails. (That's usually my major goal of the weekend, anything over and above that is gravy.)

So, any big plans coming up for you? Have you ever gone on a retreat? Do you suffer from the same over-packing affliction as I do? Tell all. Operators are standing by to answer your comments. Thanks, and have a nice day!

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Have fun and write, write, write. Hope I get to see some pictures.

Victoria said...

I would say definitely prepare for sand people and quite possibly leprechauns!
I'm so excited! I am (over)packed already!
Soon we will be counting down hours, not days!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue! I'm gonna try!

I'm not sure about pictures, though. I think this year's theme is, "What happens at retreat, stays at retreat". And we don't want any incriminating evidence.

Ava Quinn said...

Leprechauns I can deal with (even with their little hands- I'm part gnome, after all). It's those pesky Sand People I'm worried about.

I need to finish my over-packing. See you tomorrow!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...