Monday, September 5, 2011

My Latest Obsession - Sideburn Art

Yes, the art of the sideburn.

Since time immemorial, men have cultivated the sideburn.



Over the millenia, sideburns have transformed and garnished male faces in many different ways.





As time marched on, More and more ways to incorporate the sideburn came to light.



But I believe the double threat of the mullet/sideburn one-two combo is just not playing fair. (Especially since my regular readers know how I feel about mullets.)


There are many famous sideburn sporting men. For example who could forget The King and his spectacular set of seventies sideburns? Muy Macho!



How about Spock's pointy ones used as a counterpoint to his pointy ears?



And how could I have a post on sideburns without a nod to the contemporary master Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman?



Now some men can go a bit far with their sideburn statements.





But, admitedly, there are a lot of different statements to be made with a well planned sideburn.





It takes a confident man to make a statement with his facial hair. So, to all my male readers out there, don't miss out on this purely masculine fashion opportunity. It's yours for the taking.

And ladies, vote in the comments for your favorite sideburns. I know it's a tough choice, but don't worry, I won't make you defend it.

3 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Yeah, Wolverine.

M.J. Fifield said...

Wolverine, yes.

Whatever that third picture is, no.

My significant other would love to do what the guy in the 8th picture did. But if he attempts it, I would shave him when he's asleep.

Ava Quinn said...

And you'd be completely justified in doing so, M.

Yes, I do believe Wolverine will be walking away with this one, ladies. Though I think Elvis is the dark horse in this race.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...