Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whatever Happened To Menudo?

I spent some time the other week with my young teenage nieces and got a full-on education about the newest boy band, One Direction. (As did my five and eight year old. I could have done without that.)

To really show my age, my first boy bands were The Monkees (Peter was my favorite. The bff's was Mike. Whenever she'd watch the show, she'd do so with a knit winter hat on her head. Which explains a bit why she's the bff.), Menudo and a little later New Edition.

Don't remember Menudo? I don't know how you could ever forget them. (I suggest you not watch the entire clip. They have the same effect as polka, and I'd hate to have to stage another intervention.)

Note Ricky Martin in the pretty turquoise outfit on the end.

So who were your favorite boy bands? Or the ones you most enjoyed making fun of.

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I loved the Monkees too. Later I listened to The Cars and Meatloaf alot.

M.J. Fifield said...

Boy, I think I'd have to go with Menudo.

But I loved to make fun of the New Kids On The Block. And the Backstreet Boys. And 'N Sync.

Ava Quinn said...

Which was your favorite Monkee, Sue?

Gotta say that Meatloaf is on my to-be-made-fun-of-forever list. Right above any contestant of The Bachelor"

Ava Quinn said...

I see we are of the same mind, M!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...