Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank You, Veterans

Happy Veterans Day. Thank you veterans and active service men and women. I know I've said it before, but my father is a Vietnam veteran, my maternal grandfather was a World War One veteran, and my paternal grandfather was a World War Two veteran. And I'm thankful everyday for the service they rendered to our country.

Some of you long time Tongue In Cheekers (You know...the ones who need serious therapy.) may remember one of the charities Chez Quinn supports is anysoldier.com. (And also, that All My Elvis Sightings Go To Soldiers.) Just want to give a quick shout out to anysoldier. They connect US citizens with soldiers in an active combat zone by providing an address and a list of needs those soldiers have that we can fulfill. It's humbling what most of those soldiers ask for. We've received grateful letters and emails from soldiers in many remote spots on the globe. Which we never expect, but are always so grateful to receive.

So thank you, servicemen and women. And thank you veterans!

Do you have a veteran in your family tree?

Next time, I'll be back to the crazy. You've been warned!

6 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

A worthy break from the crazy indeed, they all surely deserve a big thanks

Crystal Collier said...

You've given me a new ambition. I need to go check this out and get on board. Thanks!

Unleashing the Dreamworld

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

We do have veterans in our family tree and we support Wounded Warrior projects throughout the year.

Loni Townsend said...

Thank you, Veterans! Both my dad and my father-in-law served. I am thankful for them, and everyone else.

Melissa said...

Definitely a worthy change of posting.

Liz Blocker said...

Heartfelt post, and much appreciated. I'm heading over to anysoldier now - I hadn't heard about them. I'm glad I have now.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...