Wednesday, November 4, 2015

When Did I Say The Crazy Would Die Down?

Ok, this post is all excuses reasons I've been away.

1. My father-in-law was back in the hospital for his heart last week. They released him, but didn't solve the issue, so he's been weak and I've been trying to help out as much as possible.

2. One of my blue-haired-old ladies went into the hospital this week. She's the one who runs the Britches meetings. You remember. The meetings that go on forever about the party we throw on New Year's and drop a gigantic pair of yellow breeches from a huge flagpole? Yeah, those britches meetings.

Well apparently, I'm now in charge. God save us all!!!! This is more proof that little old ladies are truly my kryptonite.

3. Pitch Wars. It's finally wrapping up, but I've been working like a fiend to improve, and I've definitely seen some strides in my writing. My manuscript is so much better, and I'm ready to send it out. After one last nit-picky-completely-obsessive read through. Which I'm still working on.

Then it's getting sent out. To several places that requested it.

Some of said requests came from pitching at the NJ Romance Writer's conference I attended last month.

Then my mom was in visiting from Montana.

And the Urchins are still alive. Which, as you know means I had to take them places. All. The. Time. Still do as a matter of fact.

And the whole time in the back of my head I'm whimpering, But, but, my blogging friends. I wanna go see what they're up to and tweet about them and possibly friend them on Facebook since that massive regime finally broke me and I joined their evil ranks. 

So this is what I feel like at the moment. Me against all that stuff.

via GIPHY


I'm probably not making much of an impression, but I'm not getting taken down by the tentacled monster that is life at the moment.

I'm calling that a win.

So how have you  guys been? Catch me up in the comments!

12 comments:

Chemist Ken said...

Sounds like a win to me too. Just keep pushing and eventually life will get out of the way. Hope your father-in-law feels better soon.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Prayers for your father-in-law.
Time to take care of that Britches meeting! Show them who is in charge. (And I won't tell you what I read when I first saw that word.)
Glad Pitch Wars is helping you.

Diana Wilder said...

Well, like Elton John said, You're still standing. Others would be huddled in a ball and whimpering. Yay for your MS in the just about completed but subjected to completely complete readthrough! And prayers for your father-in-law. I hope you get very good news soon.

Andrea said...

Wow! Suffice to say, your absence is explained!

Pat Hatt said...

Sure you can beat back those tentacles. Hopefully all those with health woes get better too.

SK Anthony said...

Wow! It all sounds intense! Prayers for your father-in-law and hope things calm down for you soon. Glad your manuscript is getting ready to be sent out! Keep on fighting those tentacles, you got this!!!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You really do get roped into things, but it sounds like you're keeping up. Hope I see you Saturday.

Loni Townsend said...

Woot! You get to be in charge of dropping the breeches!

I hope your visit with your mom went well. Was Grandma able to take some of the urchin's attention off of you for a while?

And that is awesome news about the requests! Best of luck!

The Happy Whisk said...

It never stops for you, that's for sure. Healing wishes to your pop-in-law.

Carol Kilgore said...

I have my own tentacled monster to deal with right now, so I totally understand. Prayers for your father-in-law and Little Miss Yellow Britches.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Wow, I misread Britches meeting for a moment. Oh what a meeting that other one would make. Congrats on the strides in your writing, and all of those requests you got!

May you deliver the last crushing punch to your tentacle monster, score 1000 points, and turn it into delicious calamari.

M.J. Fifield said...

Still standing after all of that is definitely a win. I'm so excited about all your manuscript requests! Awesome!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...