Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blazing Bullseye on my Back

The flu has struck in the household, and I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it yet. All have struck at an obscene time of the morning. Why is it that all puking must commence at 4 a.m.?

So I've been doing laundry and cleaning obsessively. Decontamination showers have been installed at all entrances to the domicile. But I'm just waiting to be the next to fall victim to the virus. I feel like I've got a target on my back, just waiting to start puking.

I've been fighting off migraines this month, too. They haven't gone full blown, but they're getting closer. I haven't had one since I was in college, though I had them almost regularly in my adolescence. They were rather debilitating. I would usually be off from school for three days before being able to go back. And I had one of those mothers who would only let you off from school if you had a fever, were throwing up and bleeding out of your ears - all at the same time. I have a feeling it will only go away unless I let it go full force and work its way through my system. I just don't have that kind of time.

But if I did, I'd get a three day vacation full of unbelievable pain. Right about now it's looking tempting.

Gotta go restock my supply of lye and bleach and refill the decontamination shower. We'll see if I start vomiting before the end of the day.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Ugh, Ava!! That's terrible!! I hope you don't get it!!
I've got some hazmat suits over here if you need one!!
Hang in there!!

Ava Quinn said...

I should've gotten the hazmats from you, Vicki.

Victoria said...

Yikes!!!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...