Friday, December 13, 2013

Excuses, Excuses

This is a hectic time of year for all of us, I know. So my excuses for being away from my home away from home, Tongue In Cheek, and not out visiting all of your awesome blogs right now don't hold that much water. And since I try to make TiC a zany kind of place, I don't get serious here very often.

BUT. . .

Along with all the regular holiday craziness that comes with two young Urchins, I also have other more pressing excuses.

Like my father-in-law has been having heart trouble all fall, and it has gotten shoved into the semi-serious, and I'm the closest relative with the most flexibility in my schedule since I only teach the crazy three year olds half days. So much of my time has been spent helping out The Man's mom.

Going back to work this year since staying home with my kiddos is wreaking havoc on my immune system. So I've been constantly sick, picking up all sundry of germs from those nutsy three year olds.

I'm tying up all the mounds of paperwork and jobs that go along with passing the torch of presidency to the next president of my local writer's group. The list of items seems ENDLESS!!!

Plus the wacky New Year's Eve Drop. Plus the three chapter critique I offered a member of my writer's group. Plus. . . Plus . . .

And don't even get me started on my own lack of writing!

Sigh. But do know that I'm missing all you virtual buddies out there something crazy. And know that I have all kinds of half baked ideas for more crazy posts in the coming weeks. If I can find the time to get them out. For example, musings about real personality tests based on your favorite parts of children's Christmas specials. So bear with me. I will hopefully eke out a little more time. But for now I have to go harass my propane company because we ran out of gas and its 27 degrees outside.

Oy. Vey.

I hope the holiday season is treating YOU right!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope he fells better soon. I remember caring for sick people and although it is super rewarding, it is very time consuming. I hope his heart gets better fast.

Liz Blocker said...

Take a break and take care of your family AND yourself. we'll still be here when you get back!!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks Pat, Lady and Liz. fighting off the flu now. Oy!

Cathrina Constantine said...

It's always hard when there is health problems in the family. Working and taking care of family is difficult. I pray you have a peaceful and blessed Christmas!

Sherry Ellis said...

Hope your dad's health improves! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh how nice. I am glad to hear your father in law made it home right before the holidays. May he have a very happy holiday.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...