Thursday, May 27, 2010

Old Skool Week

So I've been in the isolation booth for the past two weeks. I haven't even opened any of my wips since retreat. "Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (If you know where that quote comes from, leave me a comment and I will shower you with praise and respect.)

So there's still too much to sum up. Everything's in fast forward right now, so I'm regressing back to my carefree youth. I've always wondered if I have a split personality. I drive a mini van and ride a motorcycle. I teach Sunday school and write hot romance. I listen to opera and speed metal. I love to go dancing at a club, but I've seen Slayer, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Anthrax, Alice In Chains, Screaming Trees, The Who, and others in concert. I'm pretty progressive when it comes to women's issues, but there are some totally sexist songs that I just can't help but love. Some days I wish I'd just make up my mind already!

So here's a throw back to some early hip hop days. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

The Princess Bride
-too easy-

I hope you break out of your isolation chamber soon!

I think I have a split personaility, too, so you're not alone there! I think that's one of the things that define us as writers!
(or at least I tell myself that!)

WV: artlb - the measurement of arts and crafts.

M.J. Fifield said...

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya!

Ava Quinn said...

Again, I have grossly underestimated the power of The Princess Bride.

Go Vicki, it's you're birthday! You are a Princess Bride movie quote goddess!!!!!!!

All praise and respect flows your way!

Ava Quinn said...

Go Melissa, it's you're birthday! You are a Princess Bride movie quote goddess!!!!!!!

All praise and respect flows your way!

Whoot!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I, too, am a Princess Bride movie quote goddess, but I can no longer prove it. LOL But you can't be surprised that the people you hang out with are as crazy as you--I mean, like the same things you do! :)

And you're not split personality, you're well rounded. :)

Ava Quinn said...

I totally believe that you knew it, Natalie. Sooooo . . .


Go Natalie, it's you're birthday! You are a Princess Bride movie quote goddess!!!!!!!

All praise and respect flows your way!

Thanks for the nice spin on my apparent schizophrenia.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yay, thank you, and LOL!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...