Wednesday, May 12, 2010

RETREAT!!! and a polka update

No, I don't mean to turn around and run away from an advancing army or catapulted livestock.



CPRW's writing retreat is coming up fast. I leave tomorrow evening, after a full and hectic day of zoo field trips, picnicking in the rain, visits to kindergarten classrooms, and driving around like crazy. But after all that I get to drive to the retreat. I'm looking forward to it very much.

I still don't know what I'm going to be working on yet. I haven't been writing for the past month. So I'm hoping to use this time to get back in the saddle. We'll see.

As for my polka intervention, things seem to be progressing well. I've had help. My mole has gone in and removed all polka related paraphernalia from the premises and inserted easy listening records into their album collection. Helen Reddy, Muzac, Muzac, Muzac, Englebert Humperdink, etc. So I believe things are starting to go back to normal out there. Parents, I'm telling you, you have to watch them every minute.

6 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

And if you come back, I shall taunt you a second time!

Love that movie...

Have fun at the retreat. I wish you much creative success.

Ava Quinn said...

It's a true classic.

Thanks, M. Here's hoping I can get the juices flowing again.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Have fun at the retreat and write, write, write!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Englebert Humperdink!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue! Have a good time at the conference!

Ava Quinn said...

Yes! Englebert Humperdink's Tunes to Hum in the Shower. Another true classic.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...