Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yeah, It's Confirmed

Got a call from the doctor at 10:15 last night. Blood test results are in, and it's definitely Lyme Disease for the oldest urchin. He believes it was caught early enough that there shouldn't be any lasting, long-term effects. She's been on the antibiotic for almost a week now, and the fever finally broke a few days ago.

I worked this weekend. 1 p.m. til 9 p.m. Friday night, 8 - 4:30 Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I was scoring assessments of the most disabled students in the state. Chained to a computer in one cubicle among many in the cubicle farm, watching children take tests. Many of whom just shouldn't be taking them. I'd like to chain the politicians who drafted and support No Child Left Behind to those uncomfortable chairs and watch hour after hour of severely disabled children grappling with assessments that mean nothing and cost those children much. Let alone the tax payers.

I signed a confidentiality contract, so I can't go into detail, but suffice it to say, many of those tapes can be harrowing.

I kept hoping for an exit like Neo got from Morpheus in The Matrix. Embedding was disabled, so I couldn't post it here.

Unfortunately no such escape was provided. The best I could do was declare Monday Hawaiian shirt day. But apparently no one else got the memo.

Oh well. At least my hula girl shirt was a hit.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You're not kidding about getting into my boat!! We do have adult beverages available!
I'm sorry it was Lyme, but hopefully the doc is right and it'll be fine!
The working part sounds horrid and sad!

Ava Quinn said...

The first round of tequilla shots are on me!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...