Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dancing Inspiration

I've been having a better 2013. Thanks for asking. My writing has been progressing, and I've been writing much more consistently this month.

But I've also become much busier. I need to take my mother's advice when someone asks me to volunteer for one more thing. She told me, "No, is a complete sentence." No further explanation or expounding necessary.

So here's what extra I'm doing in 2013. I'm the president of my local chapter of RWA. (Which has really taken up a good chunk of my time with some new projects/problems dropped in my lap.) I'm coordinating my daughters' school off site environmental field day. Including the development of curriculum related activities/outdoor lessons that are aligned to the state Science and Environmental standards. Which I will then teach volunteers how to implement. Provided I can round up said volunteers. And I volunteer in both my daughter's classrooms at least once a week.

This isn't including all the taxiing of the urchins to their Brownie meetings/activities, dance classes and public library activities.

I think I'm going to have to disappoint the blue haired old lady contingency and bow out of the New Years Eve committee for this year.

So I was looking for some inspiration and came across this.



Which reminded me of this video by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.



Which had me remembering this happy skippy little ditty by them that I love.



Which lifted my spirits and made me want to get up and dance on my own.

So life is good. Busy, but good. Hope 2013 is treating you right!

Got much going on right now? Something making you get up and dance? Do share!

3 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm so glad you're having a good year so far, busy lady. Thanks for the cheerful little dance tunes.

Ava Quinn said...

Any time, Sue. I'm becoming a pretty big fan of the Magnetic Zeros.

And thanks!

Unknown said...

z

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...