Monday, February 3, 2014

One Last Re-Run To Get Me On My Feet

Last Wednesday, my very good friend died of a terrible, wasting disease, ALS. Her funeral was yesterday, and I'm still trying to come to grips with the terrible loss of such a wonderful person.

So between that and the snow day today, I needed another re-run. So here it is. The first of the Polka Apocalypse entries from back in February of 2012. The apocalypse ran through March of that year and into April. I'll have a serious entry after that for my friend, but then hopefully I'll be able to drag myself up out of the pit I've been in and resume some of the zaniness this place is known for. So without further ado, I give you this.

 *****

Remember that polka intervention I had last year for my parents? Well, it turns out that I ticked off some pretty scary people. Apparently there is an underground organization out of Europe who took offense to some of my comments.

And now they've found me.

The terrorizing began innocently enough. Just a random polka heard from a passing car now and then. I started to get suspicious when a schnitzel truck began driving by Chez Quinn at regular intervals. Then they started coming en masse, blasting their polkas and *shudder* yodeling.

I got some footage of them. Keep an eye on that red car, because he's out of control.



Needless to say, I'm concerned.

But they aren't the only ones part of an underground organization. The Gnome Defense League leaves gno Gnome behind. So I started calling in some favors from my wet work days with them. And they stepped up. In spades.

First to show up was Ivan The Enforcer. Known for his Kneecap Knockout.




Then, Timmy Top Shot.




The rest of the crew hasn't arrived yet, but they've assured me through the Gnome Underground Network (G.U.N.) that reinforcements are on the way.

As for now, I'm keeping a low profile since we're still outnumbered. I've been warned they may try to take over here at Tongue in Cheek remotely, but the blog is sacred. That would mean all out war. I'm sure they don't want that.

My sources are still putting out feelers to find out their agenda. But it won't be long.

Power to the Gnomes, Citizens!

9 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Hopefully those gnomes helped you out a ton, I guess they did as you aren't taken over.

Liz Blocker said...

Oh Ava, I'm so, so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. Hope you're hanging in there.

TL said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks so much, Liz.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, M.J. I am.

Snow days and power outages have kept me busy.

Ava Quinn said...

Thank you very much, Tara. I really appreciate it.

Unknown said...

I'm so very sorry about your friend. Focus on the good memories, and I hope your heart will heal soon.

Your post was absolutely hilarious! Yeah, you gotta watch out for that polka mafia. :O

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Lexa. :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...