Friday, September 26, 2014

It's Follow Fest Time!

 Hi everybody! At this point right now, I wish I were still kidnapped by carny folk. It'd definitely be easier being the bearded lady than what's going on at Casa de Quinn at the moment. Which is why I'm so late to THIS party!

The fabulous Melissa Maygrove has brought us Follow Fest again!! She's so awesome. So in the tiny moments of sanity, which were few and very far between, I pulled together my post. Be sure to click on the graphic below and see all the awesome participants.



Blog button designed by Carrie Butler.
Name: Ava Quinn
Fiction or nonfiction? Fiction
What genres do you write? Romance, baby! Contemporary Western.
Are you published? Not yet.
Do you do anything in addition to writing?
I'm the web mistress and children's game and crafts coordinator for our township's New Year's Eve drop where they drop their pants. Yes, five foot tall yellow breeches. From a huge flag pole. I kid you not.
Tell us a little about yourself.
Last year I said I mommed. Which I still do. (Yes, momming is a verb.) I now also teach preschool (3 year olds) part time and write whenever I can. I blog about crazy nonsense that goes on in my world. (Polkappocalypse, anyone?) I recently escaped from evil kidnapping carny folk. I love roller derby, the hermetically sealed environs of my happy place and riding my motorcycle.

What are you reading right now? I'm doing a bunch of "the craft of writing" related reading and just finished up a critique for a friend.

Which authors influenced you the most? The authors from my local writing group: Delynn Royer, Natalie Damschroder, Susan Gourley, and Misty Simon.They've been so generous with their time.
Where can people connect with you?
Blog
 Right here at Tongue In Cheek readavaquinn.blogspot.com
Facebook- Still not on Facebook. Am I the only one left on the planet not on there?
Goodreads Ava Quinn
Google+ Ava Quinn
LinkedIn Ava Quinn
Sick of seeing my name yet?
Website avaquinn.com


Is there anything else you’d like us to know? 
 I have a crazy author interview, complete with a Sea Monkey SAT portion. So hit me up if you're promoting! Thanks for stopping by and checking out all my crazy. Sorry if I got any on you. If I did, it was completely accidental.

35 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome you have access to Susan!
Your link didn't lead to your blog on the Linky List. (Found you by following your comment on Melissa's blog.)

Melissa said...

No worries. I fixed the link. ;)

Thanks for taking part in Follow Fest, Ava. Love the post! :)

Dani said...

I've never read a western before... I might need to give it a try.

Julie Flanders said...

Great to get to know more about you! The New Year's Eve drop totally cracked me up LOL.

Ava Quinn said...

@Alex- Yes it is. She's fantastic! Thanks for stopping by!

@Melissa- Sheesh! Sorry to make you have to fix it. See what multi-tasking gets you? Thanks again for such a great opportunity!

@Dani- I think they're fun! lol!

@Julie- Glad you stopped by! Yes, we have our fun out in the sticks!

Pat Hatt said...

Glad the carny folks couldn't hold on to you and you got away. Maybe they'll come back and take all the crazy stuff away

cleemckenzie said...

Children's' Game Coordinator sounds so interesting.

Loni Townsend said...

LOL, I love the drop your pants idea. Very creative.

Unknown said...

New Year's Eve in your town sounds like a hoot! And I love your personal motto: "Don’t squat in your spurs." Ha! Great meeting you through Follow Fest! :)

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I've got a whole shelf full of writing craft reading to do, too. Sigh.

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Demetria Foster Gray said...

I totally enjoyed all your crazy and, yes, you got some on me, but I don't think it was by accident like you claim. So happy to learn more about you, MS. Motorcycle Rider.

Demetria Foster Gray said...

I totally enjoyed all your crazy and, yes, you got some on me, but I don't think it was by accident like you claim. So happy to learn more about you, MS. Motorcycle Rider.

Trish Esden said...

It was great to learn more about you and your writing. I hope things are calming down at home for you--at least a little bit. By the way, I suspect I'm now going to dream about sea monkeys. I haven't thought about them in years :)

Stephanie Bird said...

Your wit is true to the title of your blog. Thanks for the smiles and making me giggle, this late at night. Thanks also for stopping by my blog. I'm following your blog now and have linked up with you in a few of the other places you hang out too!

cleemckenzie said...

Any noun is up for verbdom, so moming works for me. My spell check goes a bit bonkers, however. Hope it hold up under all of this verbing.

Great to meet you on this Follow Fest. New follower, which is a legitimate verb when you add the ing after the w.

Unknown said...

I'm sure momming is a verb and that you do it well. Congrats on the new teaching job and the escape from the carny folk! I loved your interview!

Thanks for commenting on my blog - yes, I remember those little root beer wax bottles! I think they had yellow lemon and green lime, too. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Your life sounds adventurous, fun, and busy! (I'm curious about the evil carny kidnapping folk!)
Nice to meet you, Ava! :D

Samantha Bryant said...

So nice to meet you. I am very familiar with that verb--momming. It's definite an action word!

Liz Blocker said...

I'm so bummed I had to miss FF this year. You did make me feel better with this, though: "the hermetically sealed environs of my happy place"

:)

Sherry Ellis said...

Yep. You're the only one on the planet not on Facebook. ;0)

Nice to read a little more about you! Thanks for stopping by on my blitz day. You made my day!

Crystal Collier said...

=) Woot, woot! I'll follow you! Oh wait...

I love followfest. Wanted to play this year, but I've just got my sanity back, as of today (and been splashed)... Ahem. You crack me up. =)

Liza said...

It's nice to get to know you, Ava!

Mina Burrows said...

That was cute! Love it!

Jemi Fraser said...

I write contemporary western romance too! :)

Christine Rains said...

Thank you for making me laugh! And yes, mommed is totally a verb.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Please, you have to take a picture of those yellow britches flying high!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I missed this hop. It sounds like it was a ton of fun.

Chrys Fey said...

Yay! I found you on Goodreads. :D

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Romance writers are very dedicated to their genre. Welcome to follow fest.

Carrie Butler said...

You have to get a video of the New Year's Eve Drop sometime!

Stephanie Faris said...

I've heard the name Natalie Damschroder before. I had to look her up to figure out where!

Mia Hayson said...

I love roller derby too! I mean, I love the idea of it and watching it. I once fell over on a flat piece of ground which was the only part of a car park NOT covered in ice if that gives you an idea of the small balance issue we may have here.

<3

Empty Nest Insider said...

I've often said my son would fit right in with carny folk. He's great at guessing how much people weigh! I'd also like to hear more about that infamous New Year's Eve Drop!

Julie

H. R. Sinclair said...

Great to meet you! And I would concur that mommied is verb (adjective and adverb).

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...