Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Eyes Still Have It

Yes, I'm still feeling the effects of my double eye infection. Which is making it hard for me to type, let alone visit the internet and all my favorite blogs.

And let me tell you, my eyes nearly popped out of my head today when I got a bill in the mail this afternoon from my ophthalmologist. I know I keep harping on the fact that he tried to shiv my eye way back in June, but now he's adding insult to injury by majorly over-charging my insurance for plucking a frigging eyelash.

You'll never guess how much he charged my insurance for coming at me with razor sharp tweezers and yanking out an eyelash without my permission.

$115.00.

Yes. You read that right. One-hundred-fifteen dollars. Of which I'm supposed to pay $40. For a split second's work, but a day's worth of throbbing ouch-i-ness to my lower eyelid.

How can they sleep at night?

In other related news, I haven't gotten anything written on my W.I.P. lately, and I'm bummed, but my eyes are just not up to it. So it's doubtful I'll be making my goal this month. Sigh. I really need to get on it!

So has anyone tried to shiv you recently? Any ridiculous overchargings to your insurance? Any infection related stories to share? Do tell. Cause I wanna know!

2 comments:

Mina Lobo said...

I can't say anyone's tried to shiv me. Lately.

Wow, $115! Yowza!
Some Dark Romantic

Ava Quinn said...

Consider yourself lucky. I definitely don't recommend it! :D

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...