Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heeeeeere's Johnny

This is what I wanted to be like on Friday.



I loved The Shining. The book and the movie. Jack Nicholson was a badass back in the day. The story is the epitome of the psychological thriller.

There are times when a sadistic streak comes out in me. That part of me loves the villain, or the gratuitous violence. Just that little tweak of mean. For example, in the Supernatural episode, Back to School Special, when Dean pegged a middle schooler point blank with a playground ball, I giggled my a$$ off.

I love hockey. There's talk of banning fighting in the sport, and the rational side of me agrees, but the side that craves the blood lust devoutly refuses to even entertain the arguments for it.

I haven't watched a horror movie in years until My Bloody Valentine. Horror, when in high school and college, was my genre of choice. Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Carrie, the Shining, Hellraiser. I doubt I could stomach them today, but Wednesday, I'll be going to see Friday the Thirteenth. And I'm really looking forward to it.

So don't be surprised, when I finally finish something, if the climax gets gory. All part of the total package. You know what they say, "All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy."

No comments:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...