Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Sea Monkeys Are Organizing

My sea monkey colony is organizing. I can tell. They definitely have designs on escaping. Scouts are out casing the perimeter, and I'm noticing suspicious activities (digging, being alert, popping up from the bath tub to check on noise). I think it's an uprising.

And it came at such an inopportune time. I've been making progress with Shifting Her World, and if I have to quell a sea monkey coup, it will decimate my word count. Oh well. Those are the pitfalls of balancing writing with your day job.

I wish writing were my day job, but it isn't at this point. Someday I might be able to get a more equitable split in the amount of time I can spend on writing versus my day job. Right now it's about 90%/10%.

So for now I have to go and do battle with the sea monkey tribe. I think I hear their war songs bubbling up from the deep dark depths of the tub. Looks like I'll be participating in some chemical warfare. I feel no remorse. Don't let their all-American image fool you. They fight dirty.

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

90/10 sucks but we all need those day jobs more than ever. Hope you find some time this weekend.

Victoria said...

I have some anti-sea monkey spray over here. You're welcome to it.
Remind me (at the retreat)to tell you what I thought about sea monkeys when I was younger.
Hang in there. 10% is better than nothing. Eventually the ratio will shift.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue!

Ava Quinn said...

I might take you up on the Sea Monkey repellent!
Thanks, V!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm gonna keep an eye out for a contest for "Most Creative Reasons For Not Having Time to Write." You'd win in a landslide!

Haven't done this in a little while, but it's pretty apropos (and self-explanatory):

WV = menart

Ava Quinn said...

It'll make my fortune! Now, to find those contests . . .

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...