Thursday, February 18, 2010

Super Villain Update

So the Super Villain plans are on the back burner right now. My negotiations with the sea monkeys are bogged down in lawyer speak. The sea monkeys, which hitherto will be referred to as the first party, have resisted my attempts at a hostile take over and flat out refuse to become my minions. I was so sure I could bend them to my will.

The costuming is becoming a problem as I field test. Each material has its own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. Leather, which had been my first pick, really doesn't breathe well. And it constricts movement. So my kung-fu actions would be hindered. Though it does afford a certain amount of protection, especially if I decide that a motorcycle will be my main form of transportation. Spandex, on the other hand, allows for free range of motion, yet no protection whatsoever. Plus, I just don't have the body for it any more. I mean, I want to be taken seriously as a major player in the realm of Super Villains, right?

Also, in my sea monkey negotiations, they want a nod. One of their demands is that I must wear a sea monkey crest or logo of some sort. And while I have a long history of battling sea monkeys and am aware of their wily and nefarious nature, their pr people are just too darn good. For years they've been cleaning up their image. I mean, you tell me, how is this supposed to strike fear into the hearts of an unsuspecting populace?



So I'm stalled. I'm sure everything will turn out all right in the end and my minions will come online. And the costuming issues will fall into place. Until then, it's back to the grind.

But, faithful legions, I would appreciate your input on an impromptu poll regarding my costuming and transportation issues. Please select your favorite from each category. Post your selections to the comments. All opinions welcome. Thanks, and have a slimy sea monkey day!

Transportation
motorcycle
amphibious landing craft
armored personnel carrier
Vespa and water wings

Costume material
leather
Spandex
sea weed
breathable 100% cotton

Sea monkey logo
just the head with crown
crossed tridents with sea monkey hand, head, pet sea horse and castle in the four spaces to form a shield crest
Stylized SMW which stands for Sea Monkey Woman

12 comments:

Victoria said...

You crack me up!!
Let's see...
1. definitely motorcycle.
2. A combination of leather, spandex, and denim. Not only do you get the best of all three, you'll look damn good as well.
3. I say the shield crest, because that would look wicked cool.

WV: traticid - What I feel like you're going through right now with those sea monkey negotiations. good luck!
V. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Okay definitely Motorcycle and then I have to go with leather because it's better protection. I then vote for the SMW which could also stand for Super Mama Wama.

Ava Quinn said...

lol, guys! Thanks for your valuable input!

Misty said...

I have to disagree. I see you on a vespa with water wings, wrapped in seaweed with a crown made of the head with crown logo

Misty :)

Ava Quinn said...

You would, Misty! I mean, thank you or your valuable feedback.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, Misty's such a deviant. Well before I read the comments (really, I swear!) my vote was motorcycle, leather, SMW. And the last should be a tattoo.

Victoria said...

Oooh! Yes. A tattoo! A sea monkey tattoo!!!

Ava Quinn said...

But how would the sea monkey tattoo show up since they are all pasty colored like me?

Victoria said...

You'd have to do them in poppin' neon!! lol
Yessss!

Ava Quinn said...

I agree, Natalie. Misty is a deviant. But that's why we love her.

Looks like motorcycle is winning out right now. (which is convenient, since I already own one.) Maybe I could fashion a windshield for it in the shape of a sea monkey head.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Ava Quinn said...

Smith!!!! lol!!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

No, the tattoo would be of the logo, so you could make it any color you want! :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...