Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Tongue In Cheek Review

So it's really the last day of 2010? I guess I'd better get on my year in review then, huh?

January
I exposed my Wii addiction and revealed my super villain plans, trying to convert the Sea Monkey colony who lives in my tub to become my minions and deliver my wrath. I worked on those Sea Monkeys all year, and dangit they're still holding out. I also polled the TiC audience about bad boys vs nice guys.

February
We got a buttload of snow, I wrote a bit and continued to hone my super villain plans. Costumes were voted on and negotiations continued with the Sea Monkeys in order for them to agree in helping me to deliver my wrath.

March
March brought more super villain planning, and an attempt to lure different minions to serve me. A Ukelele theme song was discussed. Casa de Quinn went to DC to see the Terracotta Warriors and The Man and I went to see La Boheme. I revealed my love of Rube Goldberg machines and had a very close call with becoming a chrysalis. A VERY close call. I rounded out the month with a story about karaoke in the pokey.

April
I had a stink bug perched on my tooth brush one early April morning. My father was admitted to the hospital and I gave my Kick Ass Heroine presentation to the Valley Forge Romance Writers. (No actual asses were kicked in the presenting of this program.) And I discovered the process of corset piercing. Could have done without that last one.

May
I had to conduct a long distance polka intervention on my parents' behalf. (No one thinks it can happen to them, but the horrors of the polka really do exist.) And I went to my chapter's writing retreat! Yay!

June
I extolled the merits of the mullet, and had a jelly bean and Taco Bell induced epiphany late one evening.

July
I wore my farmer tan with pride to the beach and admitted that I'm somewhat technologically deficient (and i like it that way).

August
Secret confession IV - I love me some rummage. And I believe there's a lid for every pot.

September
I blogged about Sasquatch shanghis and computer technical difficulties.

October
We lost our little border collie, Sadie and got the flu. I also wrote a very strongly worded letter to the squirrel residing in our barn.

November
I became the county's reigning 'Possum Queen and ridiculed tree knitters.

December
And finally, December. I shared my theory on why zombie stinkbugs are living in the sewers. I wanted to make ninjabread men for Christmas and put the motorcycle away for the winter.

There it is in a really big nutshell. We'll see what type of nuttiness busts out of 2011's shell. See you next year!
~A

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Whatever nutiness occurs in 2011, I'm sure your majesty can handle it. Keep us posted.

M.J. Fifield said...

Zombie stinkbugs...I really do love this blog.

Happy New Year!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue!

Ava Quinn said...

Happy New Year back atcha, M.

You know I keep coming back to your blog for all that sarcasm-y goodness that I just can't get enough of.

See you in the new year.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...