Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Was Patient Zero

Which makes the youngest Urchin Patient One. Yes, the flu hit her at around two this morning, and I got to relive it in all its technicolor and Smell-O-Rama (patent pending) glory.

Considering I'm not yet off toast and ginger ale, this could be a very long couple of weeks as Patients Two and Three succumb. The inevitability of two more cases is thick in the air, along with the scent of Lysol and some other unsavory odors.

I was really hoping this late in the flu season that it would bypass us. Especially considering we'd all gotten flu shots. Though, I know those are only for one strain. Now I'm left to explain to the disgruntled five year old why she went through the trauma of a flu shot and ended up getting the flu anyway.  And that girl can hold a grudge like nobody's business.

Here's hoping I survive.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I've heard the flu shot was particularly off the mark this year. Hope some of your brood fight it off.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue. She went to school yesterday and was fine. Last night at 3am, she was throwing up again.

Second verse, same as the first.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...