Monday, March 25, 2013

Now My Secret Imaginary Boyfriend Is Trying To Kill Me

Some of you may remember that I have a crush on the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Well I've now had this song of his stuck in my head for several days.



This one might actually do me in. But what do you expect from an evil fiend bent on taking over the tri-state area?

The Man and I celebrated our anniversary last Friday. Sixteen years now he's put up with my shenanigans. We decided to go with the theme that has been most prevalent at Chez Quinn over the past year (Hell, it could be the theme of our entire marriage) and took the Urchins to the circus as a celebration. It was quite fitting.

A good time was had by all. We go every year, and every year I leave saying the same thing. I really need to write a romance series about circus performers. I know the title up there says Tongue In Cheek, but I'm actually serious this time. A small circus where most of the drama doesn't happen in the tent. Like this.



I want to write about real circus. Intense, do-or-die struggles with momentary glimpses of euphoria. Grinding, sweat-covered, bone-jarring nights covered in a high gloss. The circus and all that goes with it.

Some day I will.

2 comments:

nutschell said...

Congrats on your 16 year anniversary! Maybe its time for you both to run away and join the circus :D
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Ava Quinn said...

Don't give us any ideas!!!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...