Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sweat, Snot and Tears

Only one was mine.*

Yes, these are the joys of working with three year olds. I didn't list all the bodily fluid combinations that I may or may not come in contact with each day. I'm classy like that.

So the new job is in full swing, and I'm exhausted. I should be working on my manuscript as we speak, but I figured blogging is close enough at the moment. I'm trying to psych myself up and convince my decrepit, aging body that I have energy to spare. So far my body isn't buying it.

I'm having fantasies about hijacking a tractor trailer full of Red Bull. I think this is how addictions start and then later how I end up in the papers. I'll keep you posted.

Any advice or home remedies for exhaustion? Do you have a bootleg recipe for an energy drink? I can easily get my hands on a still, being as I'm the former county 'Possum Queen and all. Lay it on me in the comments!


* That would be sweat.

6 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I do jumping jacks or sit ups or standing bicycle crunches.

Red Bull scares me.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

My own children never believe me but doing some exercise gets your energy going again. Skip the red bull.

Unknown said...

It always takes a while to get used to a new schedule. I'd suggest coffee or just throwing in the towel and going to bed. I'm sure as you get used to the workload and the weather cools, you'll find you have more energy. Good luck! :-)

Zucchini said...

Nice post, great blog, following :)

Good Luck :)

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Guys.

*Hi Gran Turismo Driver!* Like your handle.

I came down with the flu, so I took Lexa's advice - minus the coffee. The youngest urchin has it now.

I need to do a post on how being patient zero as a parent is twice as debilitating since you have to get up when you're still down and care for others.

Lewis Almonte said...

Good reading yourr post

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...