Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Craziness Level Update and Other Stuff

I won't be offended if you skip to the fun part. But for now...

Craziness Update:
I'm almost over my stomach bug I picked up last week.
It still didn't stop me from taking the Urchins to their all-day corn maze Girl Scout event in the rain yesterday.
Tonight, they're in the Halloween parade with the Girl Scouts, and I'm picking up my mom at the airport. We will then be driving straight to the parade.
Tomorrow, dropping Mom off at the train station before work.
And I'm still trying to pack and get ready for the NJRW conference on Thursday.

Speaking of the conference, that's the other stuff.

I will be leaving early Thursday afternoon. (The chimney sweep had better be here and gone before that time on Thursday.)

I will be having either an agent or editor appointment. So I need advice on how not to blurt out any of my crazy conspiracy theories in the ten minutes I get to talk to one of them.

What? You, Ava? Conspiracy theories? Never!

Ahem. As such.

Bratz Dolls as the precursor to the alien invasion.

The inherent and obvious dangers of polka music.

The contagious properties of redneck.

Do I need to go on?

I also have the Lloyd Dobler nervous talking thing. You know, Say Anything?




Except my verbal diarrhea would probably include, but not be limited to, polkappocalypses, carny folk, my 'Possum Queen reign, sea monkey warfare, the many uses of taxidermied squirrels, and the high number of people in history who have been shanghaied by Sasquatches.

So I now have to figure out how to shove my crazy down and act normally. Hmmm. Should be a challenge. Wish me luck!

15 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Change sasquatch with bigfoot and you'll make all pay attention lol

The Happy Whisk said...

There's a song that has, hide your crazy, in it. Good luck and have fun.

Julie Flanders said...

Any post with Lloyd Dobbler in it is going to get my attention. Have had a huge crush on John Cusack since 1989 all because of Lloyd LOL.

Good luck at the conference and have a great time!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Your Halloween parade might get rained out tonight. With as busy as you are, you might sleep through the conference this weekend. Good luck with your pitch.

Crystal Collier said...

Best of luck! You know, I just read about a friend who was on a panel at a conference. She took notes. I think that's a great idea--with bullet points of exactly what you want to say. Scripting it out will train your brain for the moment.

Loni Townsend said...

Don't worry. Normalcy is relative.

Best of luck at the conference!!

Carol Kilgore said...

Your appointment will be the BEST appointment that lucky agent or editor will have for the entire conference. Count on it. Make it happen :)

Unknown said...

You'll do just fine! I once participated in a pitch session and thought I'd never get through it, but I did it! If I can do that, trust me: you can do anything!

H. R. Sinclair said...

You'll be okay. But I'm with ya on the polkappocalypse. It's coming.

Liz Blocker said...

Um, I'm glad things are settling down? Maybe? Kind of sort of not at all? Sigh. Ok. Then I will just say GOOD LUCK AT THE CONFERENCE!!! :)

cleemckenzie said...

Being well is huge. Glad that's happened. Also glad you've escaped your family's fate and eluded the dread Sasquatch. About those stuffed squirrels . . .

Enjoy that conference.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Blurt your conspiracy theory - what's the worst that can happen?
Your kids keep you busy, don't they?

Unknown said...

Your life is always so busy! I hope you have a great time at the conference, manage to keep the conspiracy theories under wrap, and have a successful meeting with an agent or editor. Good luck!

Ava Quinn said...

@Pat- Great idea!

@Spooky- Thanks!!

@Julie- Lloyd, Lloyd all null and void! Love that movie!

@Sue- No rain on our parade. & Thanks!

@Crystal- Good idea!

@Loni- Thanks so much!

@Carol- Thanks, I needed that!

@Quanie- I bet you were great!

@Southpaw- The polkappocalypse is a terrifying spectacle.

@Liz- Thanks, Liz!

@Clee- lol! Thanks!

@Alex- Umm, they cart me out in a straight jacket? And yes. Yes they do.

@Lexa- Thanks, Lexa!

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Coins said...

Hello, I am a gaming enthusiast, recommend a good gold site, where there quickly, cheap and safe gold:FIFA 15 Coins at http://www.xyfifa.com/

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...