Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You

11/11/11



Thank you, Veterans.

Thank you, active duty military.

My father is a Vietnam Veteran. He spent thirteen months there, most of it in the jungle. My paternal grandfather was a World War II Veteran. He fought at The Battle of the Bulge. My maternal grandfather was a World War I Veteran. He lied about his age and enlisted at age 16.

Long time readers of my blog know that I send care packages to soldiers stationed in combat zones. I get the addresses through the website anysoldier.com. It's a very worthwhile organization.

I extend my heartfelt gratitude to the brave American men and women, past, present and future for their dedication, service and sacrifice.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

We do care packages through school organizations but it seems we could all do more.

Ava Quinn said...

It's nice to do packages through large organizations. With more people working together, a lot more is sent.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...