Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Harryhausen Halloween

I may have mentioned a time or two that I have a huge geek streak in me. (Right next to the evil one.) I adore the stop-motion work of Ray Harryhausen. Clash of the Titans was an all time favorite of my youth.

So for your Halloween delight, I found a tribute video on You Tube that showcases his fantastical creations. Here is a full list with pictures of all his creations from Harryhausen.com.

And here they are in their full stop motion glory. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!



4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I"m shocked at how many of those movies I'm familiar with. Amazing what he created with the tech available.

Ava Quinn said...

I had a feeling with your enjoyment of Fantasy that you'd know a few.

And yes, I agree. He created some pretty cool stuff.

M.J. Fifield said...

I had no idea about any of that. Very cool stuff. My favorite's always been the skeleton from the 7th Voyage of Sinbad. Go figure.

Ava Quinn said...

Clash of the Titans will always hold a special place in my heart. Especially Medusa's severed body with the the thick blood pouring out.

But Jason and the Argonauts has a lot of badassed creatures in it.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...