Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finding an Impatient Balance

This has been a terrifyingly busy month. I found myself juggling several new huge projects along with everything else I’m doing in my life. It threw my balance right over. To the point that I wished I could find a mental chiropractor to straighten me out. Since there aren’t any, I did it myself. It took a few days to rearrange my life into a new order, but now I believe I have a rhythm that will work.

But it’s eating at me that I’ve had to compromise and reduce some of the time I’d had for other things. Namely, writing.  I’m impatient to finish these projects, which are exterior goals for others, and get back to writing- an interior goal for myself. Even though on the horizon, there may be a full-time job opportunity, which will have me rearranging once again.

But I think my impatience is good. It keeps me striving to do more and be on the lookout for opportunities to forward my writing career. It’s an outward indication of the passion I feel for becoming a published author. So even though my mother always told me that patience is a virtue, for me, it’s the impatience that will get it done.

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Maybe you should call it determination with energy. It sounds better and either way, it sounds great.

Delynn Royer said...

Ah, yes! Making time to write is a constant struggle as the priorities in our lives shift and change. Here's to impatience (i.e. determination with energy) being a virtue! :)

M.J. Fifield said...

I like Susan's suggestion that you call it determination with energy.

And boy, could I use a mental chiropractor.

Ava Quinn said...

I need to hire you as my spin doctor, Sue! You up for the challenge? I'm not sure how you could make 'Possum Queening look good. lol!

Ava Quinn said...

You're right. That balance is so hard to find, Delynn.

Ava Quinn said...

Tell me about it, Melissa! I think I created a new job market.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...