Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tipping Over that First Big Hill

You know how on most roller coasters you gingerly crest that first hill. Like a deep breath holding back a hurricane? Well, that's where I am right now.

For the past two months my left hand has been shaking noticeably. Kinda like this.



Not quite that bad, but pretty close. I finally go tonight to speak to my doctor about it. I've been having trouble recalling words and finishing my sentences. And I've been exhausted. As in taking-somewhat-involuntary-naps-in-the-middle-of-the-afternoon exhausted.

Those things could be from the stress. Or the worry. Or the depression as my brain spins every worst case scenario it can imagine. Which, as writers, we know we can make it really bad.

So I'm poised at the top of this hill, hoping like hell this will be a kiddie sized ride instead of the screaming, tear your face off with g-forces twist and turns variety.

I've taken a break from writing and this blog. I miss visiting you guys and the camaraderie you all so easily share.

I'll be back when I can. I know you'll all be here because you've been such an awesome, supportive group.

Until then, Citizens.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ava, prayers that it's a really small thing and a short drop to the bottom.

Pat Hatt said...

Hopefully it is just a little thing, health woes suck indeed.

Chemist Ken said...

Hope all goes well with the doctor. Stress can do all sorts of things to you, including the things you've mentioned.

Good luck.

The Happy Whisk said...

Good gosh, girl. Here's hoping that it's something minor and that you can uncover the root problem, soon. If not, sooner.

Loni Townsend said...

I hope things are looking up (and that you're not just heading up another roller-coaster hill)!

Unknown said...

Knowing you have a tendency to over-commit and seeing the gif on your last post, I'm guessing it's stress. 6 months ago, I started grinding my teeth in my sleep. It lead to constant jaw aches, then ear aches, and finally an abscessed tooth the likes of which shocked my dentist and took 5 visits to heal/root canal/fill instead of the usual 3. Your hand might be shaking if you're accidentally sleeping on it funny. I overextended the joints in both my thumbs that way until they literally locked up. Yup, stress is a powerful beast. I hope you have nothing wrong and just need rest and relaxation. Let us know please!

ben said...

Many interested case study you share its all really good.. keep sharing.
Dentist Clapham Junction

Bruce said...

Dr Itua email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and whatsapp nUmber +2348149277967 Dr Itua herbal medicines cure my herpes and hepatitis completely and it has been 3 years now there has been no outbreak, I'm so happy that I'm finally cured.
Dr Itua can cure the following diseases; Herpes, Hiv, Copd, Diabetes, Parkinson, Hepatitis, Cancer, Lymes, Dr Itua Herbal Store www.drituaherbalcenter.com is very safe to use.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...