Friday, April 10, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Who needs therapy when you've got a motorcycle? I got out for a quick ride last evening. It was a little chilly, but oh so needed.

I haven't had a chance to escape at all this week. I felt like I had a lo-jack on my ankle. House arrest sucks, especially when you're innocent of any and all offenses (at least as far as anyone can prove).

The ride was great. I have to admit that it's hard not to feel like a badass when you're riding a motorcycle.

This is the exact bike I have:
I have a black Joe Rocket jacket with imbedded armor and a splashy green and black matching helmet. There's just something about that Kawasaki green that screams racing.

I'm usually a pretty level-headed person, but the temptation to misuse the power of this machine is great. I only got up to fifty on some of the deserted back roads. It was starting to get on towards twilight, and I was a little concerned about deer bounding out in front of me. (A description of my area is in this post- Is Redneck Contagious?) So I took it easier than usual.

So suffice it to say, I'm feeling a little better mentally. Physically, I'm still ill, along with others in the household who shall remain nameless. I swear I have to get tough on those sea monkeys again or we'll never get well.

I started writing the next chapter of Shifting Her World the other day, but hate how it begins. I think I'm supposed to be done with this chapter before the next meeting. Magic Eight Ball says: Outlook Not Good. (damn, frickin' magic eight ball!) There's a lot of forwarding of plot and character development in this chapter. Need to get on it already, but my big fear is coming to fruition. I was scared that if I took a break and broke my momentum I wouldn't be able to get back to it, and here it's happening before my very eyes. I overbooked myself through the beginning of July. And the small amount of time I get to devote to writing is getting sacrificed. I'm the one who's letting it get sacrificed, so I have no one else to blame (but I really wish I did!).

Sea monkeys, motorcycles, magic eight balls, and life. Man, did you ever think you'd read about all those things wrapped up in one any time in your life? Me either. And just think, my neighbors think I'm a completely normal person. Boy, do I have them fooled!
Damn, I'm good.

No comments:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...