Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Carny In T Minus Two Hours

And I'm all a-quiver. In less than two hours I will be dining on all things carny. Not only that, but I will be in hill-billy-watching hog heaven. Although it's not as educational as the Moonshine and Fried Possum Carnival where I was crowned as the 'Possum Queen for the county, but it'll still be one helluva hoe down.

And the food! If it's deep fried and you can shove it on a stick, it will be in my hand.

Now, it won't be all fun and games for me. I'll need to put in a royal appearance. Do the glad handing and the photo ops, as per my contractual obligation to the Pot Bellied Processed 'Possum Products corporation. I will be wearing the taxidermy crown for at least one hour. Good thing it's not as hot as it has been.

So I will hopefully be watching all the crazed rednecks, carny operators and their significant others as the carny takes off full blast in my back yard.

Ahhh, life doesn't get any better than this.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm thinking funnel cake.

M.J. Fifield said...

I know my favorite part of going to the local fair every October is seeing what they've decided to deep fry now. I have never endeavored to eat any of it (except for the fried dough) but it's still interesting and sometimes horrifying to see.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...