Friday, May 3, 2013

It's Been A Heckuva Week

So, wow. Yeah. It's Friday and I haven't blogged in about eight days. Got lots of reasons. Wanna hear them? Here they are.*

 I accepted a part time job at a nursery school that begins in the fall. Big decision that I agonized over for several days.

I'm running out of time to get everything done for the huge environmental days I volunteered to help with and somehow ended up in charge of with no one else helping me.

I weeded the yard of an old friend who was diagnosed with ALS. She's been very self conscious and hasn't wanted me to see her since she is now unable to speak and had a feeding tube inserted into her stomach. It took much finagling and many emails to convince her. But she finally relented, which made me happy.

The blue-haired old ladies called a meeting of the New Year's Eve committee in the middle of the week to start planning for this year. They're going to kill me with meetings. But as I've mentioned before, little old ladies are my Kryptonite. I just cannot tell them no.

And tomorrow is my writers' meeting and I had to get everything ready to preside over that. 

Plus several other things I can't remember on top of the regular grind. So tell me, how was your week?

*said like David Allen Grier when he was on In Living Color as a blues singer



4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Had a friend die of ALS a few years ago. It's a cruel disease. Exciting about the job. I'll be seeing you at a meeting soon, probably July.

Ava Quinn said...

Yes,exactly, Sue. ALS is cruel.

Can't wait to see you at a meeting!

Unknown said...

Wow, you're doing so much, burning the candle at both ends, as they say. Congrats on your new job! Don't forget to take some time for yourself. Burned out peeps can't help blue-haired ladies or anyone else.

Ava Quinn said...

Lol. Thanks, Lexa. I'll never learn to pace myself. Though I need to! :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...