Thursday, August 22, 2013

Now Her Eyes Have It

The oldest Urchin, whose birthday party is this Saturday, has some allergy related swollen eyes thing going on.  Can she never have a birthday without crisis? Either I'm sick. Or a skunk and a hurricane stop by (not sure which was worse). Now swollen eyes.

We went to the doctor last night. Our appointment was at 8:40. PM. What the heck was that about? That's after her bedtime. I was tempted to take her in her pjs. The doctor was very nice. She recommended to keep giving her what I was giving her, confirmed that it wasn't contagious and sent us on our merry way. They're starting to look better, so hopefully by Saturday she'll be fine.

So I have party stuff to prepare, Monday is the first day of school for my girls, and I start my new job.

So many changes, and it's my writing time, of course, that has suffered.  I'll need to yet again strive for balance in my life. Which never seems to be very forth coming around here.

So what are your secrets to finding balance in your life? Any big changes coming down the pike?

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Hope the eyes get better. I don't think I can put into words how great it feels to know school starts on Monday and I get to stay home.

Mina Lobo said...

Congrats on your new gig! Hope you had a FAB first day! And hope your girl's doing better.

As for finding balance, well...I'm still struggling, too. But I tend to do better when I write things down, like an action plan. It's very satisfying to cross things off when they're completed. The trick is not overestimating what you're actually capable of doing in the smaller pockets of time you're able to carve out of a day. :-)
Blog: Some Dark Romantic

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...