Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where To Start

So much to tell today. Sorry it's been a while since I posted, I've been busy out in the real world. It's amazing how some nice weather and fun getaways will lift the winter blahs right off a body and send those crazy super villain thoughts right out of your head.

So here we go. Friday we loaded up the family truckster and headed down to D.C. to the National Geographic Museum where we viewed the Terra Cotta Warrior exhibit. It was phenomenal. Just amazing. The detail in those statues is incredible. Different faces, different hairstyles, creases in clothing, rivets on armor. It was just awesome. Soldiers weren't the only things created either. There were horses, politicians, musicians and what they believe is a strong man from the circus at the exhibit. I could have stayed there all day if I could have. There were about fifteen full statues on display, plus many artifacts showing the history and culture of the time. I now want to devour any reading on the Qin Emperor. (I own an awesome movie called Hero that's set in this time period, that takes a lot of liberties with the history, but the cinematography and kung fu action is amazing.)

The cherry on top of the perfect day in D.C. was eating at a Roy Rogers Restaurant on the way home. They don't have them up here any more, to my deep despair.

That chain gets a 5 star rating from me.

First star - two words - Fixin's. Bar.

Star number two - malt vinegar for your french fries.

Star number three - Mr. Pibb, Cherry Coke and Birch Beer. All three choices at the free refill beverage station. Heaven!

Fourth Star - A full array of condiments at the Fixin's Bar - especially mayo.

And finally, the fifth star, The Man and I disagree on. For me it's the limitless amount of pickle slices you can put on your burger from the Fixin's Bar, and for him it's the fries that arrive in their very own cardboard holster. Yours to take home and wear on your belt with pride. So we'll split the difference since I'm all about the Fixin's Bar. If I could put the words Fixin's bar in glowing text and add trumpet fanfare after each time it's read, you'd begin to get an idea about how much I love it.

Saturday was my writer's meeting day. It was great to get out with like minded people and good friends. Lunch was great with them. It also didn't hurt that our waiter was some very tasty eye candy and a good sport to boot. Which makes all the difference in the world.

Sunday night we loaded up the family truckster again and headed out to Chocolate Town for a Hershey Bears hockey game. It was a good game. The officials hardly called anything, there were lots of fights, and the Bears won. The older urchin, gentle soul that she is, was a little distressed by the fights, but the youngest is a girl after my own heart. She'd point to one of the players and say, "Mommy, I want that one to fight." Ahh to be two and all innocence and blood thirstiness once again, attempting to orchestrate hockey fights from afar. *sniff* Brings a tear of joy to my eye. I love hockey. Grew up watching Wayne Gretzky and the Flyers in the 70's. Cheered them on with Propp and Tocchet in the late 80's. Stuck with them in between and have been paying bandwagon dues forever.

Wow, you're still reading? Your loyalty has not gone unnoticed You shall be rewarded. If I ever show up at your door brandishing sea monkeys or bandito lobsters, I give you a free pass. Your code phrase is Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god, and I will immediately move on. You have my super villain word of honor.

So on to the final good news/bad news. I got to ride my motorcycle on Monday. It was glorious, exhilarating, chock full of awesomesauce. Just a quick first ride of the season. But when I pulled in to my driveway, the motorcycle died. The Man tried to fix it, but it won't start. We have our theories, but we're going to have to take it in to the shop.

And that, my friends, is why my super villain plans are still in the fore. Even with all the other great stuff that happened, this could be the one thing that pushes me over the edge. Time will tell. Like the early warning system for a tornado, you now have advance knowledge and can prepare accordingly. So start stocking your bomb shelters now, citizens.

6 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Oh, no!

*Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god Wayne Gretzky is a hockey god*

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Oh, pooh. At least you had that one wonderful ride but now you're missing all this great weather.
Hope I get to do lunch with you all next month and we better get the same waiter.

Ava Quinn said...

Ok, Damschroder, You get a pass.

Though I doubt I'd show up at your door with my minions.

Ava Quinn said...

That waiter was definitely worth the slow cooking service, Sue. Hope he's there again!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Well, hey, I'm not taking any chances, Ava! LOL

Misty said he works every weekend, so I hope he doesn't have a rare Saturday of next month or something! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I gave you another well-desrved award.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...