Wednesday, April 30, 2014

AtoZ Zombie Stinkbugs

Can you believe it's the last post of the 2014 AtoZ Challenge? I've met so many fantastic people and had a lot of fun! I hope that now you've gotten a preview of what things are like around here, you will check back and see what's going on. I'll warn you, you've gotten a peek at the best of Tongue In Cheek. I can't keep up this crazy pace all the time, but there's definitely weirdness abounding around here on a mostly regular basis. So for now I finish off our challenge with my musings from 2010 on...

Zombie Stinkbugs

So I was thinking. (One of my more dangerous pursuits.) And had a terrifying epiphany of sorts.

As I gingerly carried yet another tissue enshrouded stinkbug to its watery grave via the toilet, it hit me. This has to be the primary way most people dispose of stinkbugs. You can't squash them, or you'll be engulfed in an unholy smell that may just be a sentient being in its own right. So you capture them and flush them.

Alive.

Down to the sewer.

This practice may have unwittingly created a situation rife with apocalyptic potentiality.

STINKBUGS IN THE SEWER
*cue echoing effect and scary dant dant daaaaaa music*

Yes, stinkbugs in the sewer. Not unlike alligators in the sewer.



Except stinkbugs are swarmers. My brain keeps terrifying me with images of crazed mutant zombie stinkbugs hopped up on toxic sewer gasses, rampaging across cities in devouring hordes - scarab beetle style a la The Mummy.

But I can't come up with a different disposal system. What shall we do? How can we stop adding more numbers to their growing sewer army without unleashing a scent clearly from the bowels of Hell itself?

I'm stumped. The comments are open for your suggestions.

19 comments:

Melissa said...

They're in league with the roaches that will survive a nuclear war. It's only a matter of time... :P

Congrats on finishing the challenge. :)

Nicki Elson said...

Oh man, this is a horrible, horrible thought - and by that I mean horribly hilarious...unless of course it comes true!

Pat Hatt said...

The cat will eat them all here at his hall

Unknown said...

I can see it now: "Return of the Revenge of the Giant Stinkbug Horde, Part Deux." lol

Julie Flanders said...

I have been battling stinkbugs at my house lately and now this has totally creeped me out LOL. They are a curse from hell, no question.

I'm so glad I met you through the Challenge!

Crystal Collier said...

Hahahaha! I don't know which is worse: stinkbugs or roaches. I say, hire an exterminator on a yearly contract (like Truly Nolen), and don't worry about it. =)

True Heroes from A to Z

Sherry Ellis said...

That's quite a question to ponder! Would a can a Raid work against those little buggers?

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Oh. my. word. Now there's a thought. ::shudder:: lol Congrats on finishing up the challenge!

Andrea said...

Maybe they join forces down there with the undead goldfish that mistakenly get flushed...They are plotting and planning!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That would be the most frightening horror movie of all times to me. Zombie stinkbugs. They are the creepiest insects ever. I've enjoyed all your posts, even the ones I've read before. You're amazing to have gotten everything done you did in April. See you Saturday.

Robin said...

This is something I have never considered and now I can't stop thinking about it. Toxic Swarming Stinkbugs.

Sophie Duncan said...

I have to say I think I'm glad I've never come across a stinkbug. You have the oddest thoughts! Thanks for sharing some of the odder ones from the archive this month :)
Sophie
Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

Liz Blocker said...

EW, that IS scary! I'd be more freaked if I was familiar with stinkbugs, but very thankfully, I'm not. Roaches are bad enough, thanks. Stop breeding them into SUPER BUGS!!!

I'm so glad you participated this month!!! I would have missed these great posts, and this bright ray of hilarious sunshine :)

Marci said...

Congrats on finishing the A to Z Challenge! I'm so glad I found your blog - I will return for updates! Now, as for stinkbugs in my house: they have one of two options. They encounter me, in which case I will pick them up and toss them outside, or they encounter any of my 5 cats, who will refuse to eat them, but play with them until I get super annoyed, pick the stinkbug up and toss them outside. Win win, right?

Stephanie Faris said...

I usually just kill any bugs I see. If you squash a stink bug, does it smell?

Ava Quinn said...

@Melissa- You know it! Thanks!

@Nicki- lol! Thanks for stopping in!

@Pat- You're a very lucky man.

@Lexa- AAAAAAAHH!!! LOL!

@Julie- Oh no! lol! Glad I found your blog too!!

@Crystal- Those roaches are full of evil intent too!

@Sherry- Now that's an idea... :D

@Herding cats-burning soup- lol! Congratulations to you too!

@Andrea- AAAAA! As if I wasn't traumatized enough!

@Sue- I'm still not done. Tomorrow is the second environmental field day with 140 kids. The principal decided not to send them to the state park, but still wanted to do the day, so guess who had to notify all the volunteers of the change on Tuesday and then scramble to change the activities from outdoor to indoor? I'm so stressed and exhausted I can barely see straight. I may just be drooling on myself at the meeting tomorrow!

@Robin- Hope I haven't scarred you for life, but if I did, you probably won't be the last I do that to! lol! Thanks for stopping by!

@Sophie- <>> LOL!! I love that you think so!1 So glad I came across your blog in the atoz! I'll catch you over there soon!

@Liz- Aww, thanks! **blushing** lol!

@Marci- LOL! definitely a win win! I'm so glad I found your blog too! I'll be stopping in soon!

@Stephanie- Yep! Really bad!

TWW said...

now I'm afraid of a deadly attack of stinkbugs...but then again, I don't think we have any in Ireland...soooo Good luck with your apocalypse...and congrats on finishing the challenge, I'll defo be dropping by from time to time.

A Beer for the Shower said...

I've seen plenty of stinkbugs but never been sprayed by one. Maybe if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone? Or should I just give up now and succumb to our new overlords the stinkbug?

Ava Quinn said...

@40+- lol!! Gee, thanks! Congratulations to you too! I'll be by your place as well!

@ A Beer For The Shower- Nah. Besides, the new overlords will come in the shape of the Bratz dolls. I've already warned everyone here. http://readavaquinn.blogspot.com/2014/04/atoz-conspiracy-theories.html

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...