Wednesday, April 16, 2014

AtoZ- Nonsense

Hi there AtoZ crowd! I have over 130 posts labeled Nonsense over in the sidebar, and it was really hard to pick just one. So I decided to pick one that was full of joyous and beautiful nonsense, instead of the cray-cray that usually abounds in that category here at Tongue in Cheek. Today's rerun comes from 2012. Here we have ...

Vigilante Knitters

So the new thing with those crazy youngsters today is Yarnbombing. Remember that post I did, lo those many years ago about the people knitting sweaters for trees? Well it's grown into some insane proportions.

picture from The Telegraph
And I have to say, that my earlier skepticism of this activity has evaporated and heartfelt admiration has taken its place. It was the pompom hanging from the end of the tank's gun barrel that won me over.

pic from seaviewweavers


 I wonder if I can get them to knit me some bourbon cozies.

TimePhotos has a nice sampling of some knitting graffiti. I particularly liked the legwarmers on the immense statue in France.

So what form of harmless craziness would you inflict on the world if you could? Obviously mine is this blog. What would yours be?


10 comments:

Andrea said...

2012, and somehow I have never heard of or seen this before...fascinating! ;)

Tasha Duncan-Drake said...

That pompom is awesome :). Harmless craziness? I think I might do that by wandering around ::g:: - hmm - I do make it my mission in life to get vampires into every fanfic universe I write in, no matter how far fetched it might sound.
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

Cheryl said...

Oh my, not sure what to make of this. Knitting graffiti sounds a bit out there too.

Hope you'll visit http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/04/blogging-from-to-z-april-challenge-n.html

Sophie Duncan said...

I love the guerilla knitters - all power to them :) As for harmless madness - well, I think people need to chill and enjoy music more - on my own I'm a complete coward, but a bunch of us did once perform the entirety of West Side Story (abridged to just the songs) on Waterloo Station because we were bored and waiting for our train (this was way before flash mobs) ;P
Sophie
Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

Unknown said...

I'm in awe. o. O

Liz Blocker said...

The one on the tank won me over, too, because it seems to carry a message - or at least, my hopeful brain assigns it one :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

what a great prank to play on sports rivals. Instead of stealing their mascots, knit them some nice pink legwarmers.

Pat Hatt said...

wow that tank will get no camouflage award haha

randi lee said...

I'm flabbergasted over here!

TWW said...

I love them, wish I could knit as well as them...awesome.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...