Wednesday, April 9, 2014

AtoZ Happy Harryhausen Halloween or My Happy Place

Hey there, AtoZers! Nice to see some of you brave enough to venture back! For my theme I'm doing reruns because of the insanely busy schedule I have right now. I also have some type of flu bug running through my system at the moment, so I've been feeling guilty that I haven't gotten out to as many blogs as I'd like, but I'm majorly stressed out and sick, so...Sigh. Not enough time in a day.

Anywho, I couldn't decide on which rerun to post today, so it's a two-fer. The first was originally posted in 2012 and declares my sqeeing fangirl love for Ray Harryhausen movies. The second is from 2009--a post created out of self-preservation and gives you a glimpse of my Happy Place. Enjoy!

Harryhausen Halloween

I may have mentioned a time or two that I have a huge geek streak in me. (Right next to the evil one.) I adore the stop-motion work of Ray Harryhausen. Clash of the Titans was an all time favorite of my youth.

So for your Halloween delight, I found a tribute video on You Tube that showcases his fantastical creations. Here is a full list with pictures of all his creations from Harryhausen.com.

And here they are in their full stop motion glory. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!






My Happy Place


As I look around at the unicorns farting fruit scented air freshner, I take a bite of broccoli that tastes like chocolate and has zero calories. The elves and faeries have taken care of all my laundry. The gnomes found a cork to put in my incontinent dog, and the helpful little birdies are doing the cooking from now on.

Ahhhhh. Finally I can really concentrate on my solution to world peace. *Big sigh of contentment and fulfillment*


(DELIRIUM HAS SET IN! SEND HELP QUICK!!!)

14 comments:

Tasha Duncan-Drake said...

I love Clash of the Titans too - prefer it so much to the modern remake. If Perseus said 'I am just a man' one more time I would have thrown things at the screen :). For some reason I always think of Easter when I think of Ray Harryhausen because they always used to show one on TV when I was a child.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope it passes soon.
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

Sophie Duncan said...

I adore Clash of the Titans and if I carry on with this I am going to repeat exactly what Natasha has said, because, yeah, we share our opinions on the remake ;P I also like Jason & The Argonauts.
Feel better soon,
Sophie
Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

Andrea said...

Feel better and find your happy place!

Cheryl said...

Oh my, what a way to start the day. And what images that happy place encourages.

That video is neat, but Medusa and oversized scorpions(?) scare me.

Hope you feel better soon.

http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/04/blogging-from-to-z-april-challenge-h.html

Liz Blocker said...

Ok first of all, I am seriously laughing out loud. The entire paragraph is fabulous, but this line in particular (especially when paired with that ridiculous image) really got me: "unicorns farting fruit scented air freshner..."

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't really know who Harryhausen was...I know, I'm sorry! But now I do, and I can squee with you ;)

M.J. Fifield said...

I love your happy place so very much.

Feel better soon!

Pat Hatt said...

farting unicorns you say, well as long as it is fresh air haha

Casi said...

I do love your happy place image. Any idea where you picked it up at. As for your household helpers, I really wish I had some of them around here. Just me to do 99% of the work is not a good thing.

Just don't forget to feed the brownies, sprites, and assorted aides. They get a little put out when you forget.

SK Anthony said...

Hope you feel better! And enjoy your fruit scented farting unicorn lol

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Broccoli that tastes like chocolate? I could live there. Feel better soon.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL. I love it. Halloween is my happy place too. That video with all the claymation is epic. (Especially the scene with the alligator and mini man.)

Sherry Ellis said...

I like your happy place picture. I'd be happy there, too!

Lynda Dietz said...

You almost lost me with the farting unicorn (fruit-scented or not) but got me right back in there with the broccoli that tastes like chocolate. I'm really loving your A to Z posts.

Melissa said...

unicorns farting fruit scented air freshener

This, alone, made my visit worth it. LOL

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...